SAN MATEO, CA – Thurs., Aug. 29, 2013 â€” Norse, the leading provider of live threat intelligence solutions, today announced the recent addition of three new executives to its leadership team, two members to its board of directors and three members to its advisory board. The collective experience of these new additions strengthens Norse’s prowess, adding to its ability to build on the strong momentum it has demonstrated in the enterprise IT security industry as a provider of a first-of-its-kind live threat intelligence solution.
New leadership team members include Denise Hayman, senior vice president of sales and marketing; Karl Hutter, senior vice president of business development; and Jenko Hwong, vice president of product. They bring a wealth of business and technology experience from companies such as nCircle, PGP, Symantec and Mirapoint. New board members include Cyber Security Strategies President Robert Lentz, former Department of Defense (DoD) chief information security officer (CISO) and the first deputy assistant secretary of defense for cyber, identity and information assurance; and Howard A. Bain III, a member of the boards of Nok Nok Labs and PGP Corporation, former chief financial officer (CFO) of Symantec, chairman of Violin Memory and director of two publicly traded companies. New advisors include industry veteran and former Senior Cyber Policy and Strategy Advisor for the DoD Anthony Bargar and Ken Tyminski, an independent consultant and former CISO of Prudential Insurance Company of America.
“Frequent cyberattacks are the hard reality for enterprises in all industry sectors. These attacks carry with them extreme financial impacts and threats to national and economic security,” said Lentz. “Enterprises must gain the upper hand by leveraging technologies like Norse to become more predictive in identifying network threats and to establish a secure offense against today’s volatile cyberthreat environment. Norse is uniquely positioned to deliver this actionable live threat intelligence.”
“To provide solutions that allow our customers to stay steps ahead of cyberthreats, we’ve built a leadership team that brings experience, thought leadership and an understanding of what’s needed in the modern enterprise IT environment,” said Sam Glines, CEO and co-founder of Norse. “We’re thrilled to welcome the newest members of the Norse family; they exemplify the high standards we’ve held ourselves to and the level of integrity and professionalism that our customers have come to expect.
New Executive Team Members:
- Denise Hayman, senior vice president of sales and marketing, leads Norse’s global sales and marketing efforts. She is driving the expansion of distribution and building a team and infrastructure to support and enable enterprise and mid-level accounts. Prior to Norse, Hayman held senior leadership positions at a range of IT security companies including Symplified, Zscaler and PGP, where under her leadership the company more than tripled in size and growth before being acquired by Symantec.
- Karl Hutter, senior vice president of business development, is an experienced operating executive with over 30 years in the IT industry who has spent the last 15 years focused on building security software. Most recently, he led worldwide corporate and business development efforts for nCircle; previously he led strategic and business development efforts at Recourse, which was acquired by Symantec. His specialties include software and services, with an emphasis on new business and product development, alliances, sales execution, marketing and corporate development/M&A.
- Jenko Hwong, vice president of product, has 20 years of IT and security experience in product management, engineering and executive management roles at companies such as Mirapoint, Cisco, nCircle and TIBCO. At Mirapoint, he ran marketing for its anti-virus and anti-spam solutions and managed the email archiving business unit, leading to the successful merger of Mirapoint with Critical Path.
New Board of Directors Members:
- Robert Lentz, president of Cyber Security Strategies, is the former CISO for the U.S. DoD, where he oversaw the department’s $3 billion cybersecurity program. He transformed the program by establishing the first comprehensive IA/cyber-architecture supply-chain risk management strategy and operationalizing the world’s most robust identity management system. He also played a key role in leading the U.S. National Cyber Initiative. Lentz serves on the boards of several leading technology companies. He has served in various capacities over his 34-year career with The Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, the U.S. DoD and the National Security Agency (NSA).
- Howard Bain III has expertise in all aspects of software and hardware corporate operations and finance. He is currently chairman of the board of Violin Memory and serves on the board of directors of Nanometrics Inc. (NASDAQ: NANO); Learning Tree International, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRE); and several privately and venture-capital financed companies. Bain has held chief financial officer positions at several public companies, including Portal Software, Vicinity Corporation , Informix and Symantec. He is also a National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Governance Fellow.
- Anthony Bargar is an industry veteran and thought leader in cybersecurity. He served in senior positions within the financial services sector, the United States DoD and the intelligence community. Bargar has been the change agent of cyber programs in stock exchanges, banks, utilities, federal military/intel agencies and other institutions in the public, financial and critical-infrastructure sectors. Bargar works with the private sector and governments worldwide to implement resilient security architectures, effective strategies and advanced technologies to reduce risk.
- Ken Tyminski, an independent consultant, most recently served as vice president and chief information security officer for Prudential Insurance Company of America, where he was responsible for the integrity and security of Prudential’s business systems. In this role, he also led Prudential’s information security office, which established policies and standards and ensured controls were in place for millions of users, thousands of branches and hundreds of offices around the world.
- Michael Stokes is an executive with Sypris Electronics and has over 20 years of cybersecurity experience. He is an authority on the global aspects of cybersecurity, leading the convergence of people, technology and policy. He has extensive expertise in international government affairs, strategic cyber-policy development and cyber intelligence. Previously, Stokes worked in international business development, sales and engineering roles for TripWire (nCircle), Riverbed, Vertical Networks and 3Com. He ran a tier-1 cyber red-team at BAE Systems for critical government customers.
- To find out more about the Norse visit norse-corp.com
- To find out more about the Norse Board of Directors visit http://www.norse-corp.com/board.html
- To find out more about Norse Advisors visit http://www.norse-corp.com/advisors.html
Norse is the leading innovator in the live threat intelligence security market. With the goal of transforming the traditionally reactive IT security industry, Norse offers proactive, intelligence-based security solutions that enable organizations to identify and defend against the advanced cyberthreats of today and tomorrow. Norse’s synchronous, global platform is a patent-pending infrastructure-based technology that continuously collects and analyzes real-time, high risk Internet traffic to identify the sources of cyberattacks and fraud. Norse is the only provider of live, actionable, cyberthreat intelligence that enables organizations to prevent financial fraud and proactively defend against today’s most advanced cyber threats including zero day and advanced persistent threats. Norse has offices in Silicon Valley and St. Louis. Visit us online at norse-corp.com.
Contact:Angel Badagliacco for Trainer Communications